On the 24th of February 2023, Harmony H2020 celebrated the end of the project with a final conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility in Barcelona, Spain under the theme: ¨Next Generation of Transport Planning Tools¨. The conference which took place in Barcelona at Casa Convalescenica was organized by experts in business technological innovation in sustainable mobility – Enide one of the project consortium members. The following 3.5-minute video offers testimonials of the event which hosted 100 attendees.
Relive the best moments of the conference!
The final conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility atUAB Casa Convalescència, Barcelona, ¨Next Generation of Transport Planning Tools¨ focused on the:
Presenting Harmony´s innovative tools aimed at tackling greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption, the growth of vehicle reliance, congestion, inefficiencies, and poor regional connectivity of public transport
Identifying and offering solutions to the most pressing transportation problems.
Networking through the poster sessions was an opportunity to learn about other projects in the industry.
The conference was an opportunity to reunite the Project´s Consortium members: UCL I Delft University of Technology I University of the Aegean I ENIDE I Aimsun I University of Wolverhampton I IMU/ICCS, Information Management Unit I TRT TRASPORTI E TERRITORIO SRL I Significance I Airbus Defence and Space I TNO I MobyX I Comune di Torino I GRIFF Aviation AS I Oxfordshire County Council I e-trikala SA – Municipality of Trikala I Gemeente Rotterdam – Stadsontwikkeling I Athens Urban Transport Organization S.A. (OASA SA) I Metropolia GZM
8.30 CET – 17.15 CET
Moderator – MORNING SESSIONS: Prof. Maria Kamargianni (Professor of Transport Systems Innovation and Sustainability and the Head of the MaaSLab -Mobility as a Service Lab at University College London – UCL)
- 8.30 h – 9.00 h: Register
- 9.00 h – 9.30 h: Welcome: HARMONY vision, scope and achievements+ Exploitable Results – speaker: Prof. Maria Kamargianni (Professor of Transport Systems Innovation and Sustainability and the Head of the MaaSLab -Mobility as a Service Lab at University College London – UCL)
- 9.30 h – 10.00 h: Special video message from the Project Officer: Thiago Tavares (CINEA | European Commission | Urban Mobility, Integrated Transport and Climate-Neutral Cities); Keynote speaker –Vladimir Vorotovic Director – Innovation & Deployment at ERTICO-ITS Europe: Future of mobility and where Europe stands
- 10.00 h – 10.40 h: PANEL – SUMP Challenges: the latest and most critical mobility challenges in our cities and related planning processes – moderator: Simone Bosetti (Partner at TRT Trasporti e Territorio and chair of the EU SUMP Platform Coordinating Group) and panellists: Ivo Cré (Director of Policy and Projects at Polis), Jordi Casas Juan EIT Urban Mobility City Development and Public Funding Manager )and Susanne Böhler (Senior Advisor bei Rupprecht Consult Forschung und Beratung GmbH)
- 10.40 h – 11.00 h: Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning recommendations and roadmaps –speaker: Simone Bosetti (Partner at TRT Trasporti e Territorio and chair of the EU SUMP Platform Coordinating Group)
- 11.00 h – 11.15 h: A poster session and coffee break
- 11.15 h – 12.00 h: HARMONY MS: The next generation of planning tools (Rotterdam, Turrin, Oxfordshire) –10 min pitch: Athena Tsirimpa (Head of Research at MobyX) and speakers: Michiel De Bok – Rotterdam case study (Research Leader at Significance and Researcher at the Delft University of Technology), Francesca Fermi – Turin case study (Expert in Transport Modelling at TRT Trasporti e Territorio Srl), and Panos Georgakis (Reader in Transportation Systems at the University of Wolverhampton).
- 12.00 h – 12.30 h: PANEL: Data-based decisions for transport planning + data standardisation – moderator: Angelo Martino (Chairman at TRT Trasporti e Territorio) and panellists: Antulio Richetta (Director at Arcadis IBI Group), Andreu Ulied (Owner, MCRIT), and Amalia Polydoropoulou (Professor of Department of Shipping Trade and Transport, University of the Aegean).
- 12.30 h -13.00 h: PITCH – Data app as a solution, MOBY – speaker: Prof. Maria Kamargianni (Professor of Transport Systems Innovation and Sustainability and the Head of the MaaSLab -Mobility as a Service Lab at University College London – UCL)
- 13.00 h – 13.45 h: A poster session and lunch break
Moderator – AFTERNOON SESSIONS: Dr Loha Hashimy (a senior innovation manager at ENIDE, Adjunct Professor at EU Business School).
- 13.45 h – 14.30 h: PANEL: The cities – demonstrations of AV and drones (case studies: E-Trikala, City of Rotterdam, Oxfordshire City Council) – challenges, experience and required policies – moderator: Tariq van Rooijen (Senior Project Manager at TNO Transport & Mobility) and panellists: Odisseas Raptis (CEO of E-Trikala), George Fourtinas (UAV Analyst – Future Mobility Team at Oxfordshire County Council), and Stefan Schimmel (Mobility Advisor, municipality of Rotterdam).
- 14.30 h – 15.15 h: PANEL – Transition to sustainable mobility the role of CCAM and UAVs – moderator: Tamara Djukic Senior Manager – Innovation and Development at ERTICO), panellists: Eman Martin Vignerete (Director at BOSH), Dirk Schindler(Product Manager Air Operations at Airbus), Jordi Casas (Global Head of R&D at AIMSUN), and Benoît Larrouturou (Expert Urban Mobility, EIT Urban Mobility).
- 15.15 h – 16:00 h: PANEL- How do cities see the implementation of new mobility technologies in city and transport planning? Moderator: Clara Bellera Arbós (Consultant at CINESI, Transport Consultancy), panellists: Sara Udina (Head of the city’s Department of Urban Planning at AJUNTAMENT DEL PRAT DE LLOBREGAT), Raúl Sánchez (Director of Strategy, Alliances & Open Innovation – Las Rozas Innova), and Pedro Moreira (Head of Transport Authority and Mobility Management Unit @ Município de Braga Smart Cities | MaaS | Member of the EC Expert Group on Urban Mobility).
- 16.00 h – 17.15 h: Poster Session: Networking & cocktail party
GALLERY OVERVIEW - HARMONY Final Conference:
Poster session and Networking Cocktail
Full Conference Avaliable!
If you missed the conference, don’t worry, here is the playlist with all the sessions!
Bonus track! You can find all videos related to the project and the Model Suite on our YouTube Channel. Don’t miss our news!